At Servicon, we developed Focused Rounding because we believe it is an essential component of any effective environmental services (EVS) for hospitals program. This proprietary process helps us validate that EVS is meeting and exceeding the level of service specified in healthcare contracts. Focused Rounding also proactively addresses any concerns hospital staff and patients may have in real time and ensures EVS is delivering on its commitment to the patient experience.
What Focused Rounding Is
Focused Rounding is a process when EVS leaders speak with all levels of the hospital staff and caregivers in person and visit patients in their rooms. The EVS leaders conduct a Hospital Staff and Caregiver Survey, consisting of a few critical questions to assess EVS healthcare performance and document the answers.
Daily Focused Rounding:
- Improves the patient experience
- Raises HCAHPS scores
- Ensures the use of best practices
- Validates the effectiveness of the EVS healthcare program
- Manages hospital staff expectations
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement
- Increases compliance.
Focused Rounding allows our Servicon’s EVS hospital leaders to:
- Address any safety and reporting concerns via Smart Inspect Smart Ticket software
- Recognize team members who are delivering on our commitment to quality service
- Coach any team members who may require additional training
- Develop and document process improvements
- Document all rounding and hospital staff and caregiver surveys via Smart Inspect quality assurance software
- Confirm and manage hospital staff expectations.
Focused Rounding provides many benefits. It:
- Enhances the patient experience
- Improves patient satisfaction and HCAHPS scores
- Aligns with the hospital’s Performance Improvement Plan
- Makes sure infection-prevention, patient-safety, and EOC compliance standards are met as required by The Joint Commission, CMS, and other regulatory agencies
- Validates the effectiveness of the hospital EVS program
- Encourages input from all stakeholders
- Improves communication and collaboration between EVS and other hospital staff
- Helps secure CMS reimbursements
- Increases regulatory compliance
- Allows healthcare staff members to focus on their work of saving lives.
Servicon’s goal is to improve patient satisfaction, confirm the use of best practices, and ensure compliance. Focused Rounding is one method we use to be sure we accomplish this goal.
Servicon’s EVS for Hospitals
If you are looking for an EVS partner that goes above and beyond, click on the link to find out more about Servicon’s healthcare EVS.
Servicon’s EVS for Hospitals Services
With extensive experience serving the California healthcare industry, Servicon understands the importance of providing quality patient-centered care to meet the EVS healthcare needs of our clients.