Servicon Answers Your Questions
Below are answers to some frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 and Servicon’s unique ability to help protect your facility and its occupants
Is COVID-19 a virus?
Why is it named COVID-19?
What are the best ways to prevent the spread of the virus?
How long can SARS CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, live on surfaces?
What is the difference between cleaning and disinfection?
Cleaning refers to the removal of dirt and other impurities, including pathogens, from surfaces. Cleaning reduces the number of pathogens present on the surface, but it does not kill them. Cleaning is accomplished with water, detergent/soap, and some kind of agitation, such as using a sponge or cloth or the rubbing together of hands.
Disinfecting requires using EPA-approved chemicals to kill 99.999 percent of the pathogens that the product label says the formula is effective against. The process does not necessarily remove dirt from surfaces, and germs can be shielded from the disinfectant by dirt that has not been removed. This is why surfaces must be cleaned before they can be disinfected. It is also important to note that the disinfectant must remain in contact with the surface for the complete dwell time specified on the label before being wiped off or the surface will not be disinfected.
What are Servicon’s Protect & Disinfect and Protect & Disinfect Ultimate?
These are the levels of services we offer to protect your facility and its occupants from COVID-19.
What are the differences between these offerings?
What is the cost of Protect & Disinfect Ultimate?
Pricing for all our services is based on square footage and the specific facility/area being serviced. If you are a current client, contact your Servicon site manager. If you are a new client, contact Stacey Wong at Stacey.email@example.com or call 310-415-7770.
If we have confirmed COVID-19 exposure, how soon can Servicon provide a Protect & Disinfect Ultimate team?
May I request Protect & Disinfect Ultimate services without confirmed COVID-19 exposure?
Yes. We offer both Protect & Disinfect Ultimate and Protect & Disinfect services for facilities with confirmed or probably exposures as well as those seeking an extra level of protection.
Are Protect & Disinfect and Protect & Disinfect Ultimate services available for non-clients?
Yes. If you are a new client, contact Stacey Wong at Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 310-415-7770.
What EPA-approved disinfectants does Servicon use?
Currently, we use:
- Maintex Citra-Cide disinfectant with a 10-minute dwell time. This is a lemon-scented, neutral pH, hospital-grade quaternary-based disinfectant cleaner approved by the EPA for use against COVID-19.
- Maintex Turbo Kill disinfectant with a 10-minute dwell time. This is a highly active, ready-to-use, all-purpose disinfectant cleaner and deodorizer approved by the EPA for use against COVID-19.
Please note: Retaliate is a disinfectant approved by the EPA for use against COVID-19. However, due to supply shortages, Servicon is currently recommending Citra-Cide and Turbo Kill.
What quantity of COVID-19-related supplies does Servicon recommend a facility keep to be prepared for a potential COVID-19 outbreak?
What else is Servicon doing to support its clients in preparing for a potential COVID-19 outbreak?
We can take several additional actions to help you prepare for a possible outbreak, including:
- Participate in and support your emergency response planning and other relevant meetings
- Help you ensure all restrooms and hand station dispensers have soap/sanitizer, hot water, and drying materials
- Report problems involving restrooms and hygiene promptly to you, including insufficient water temperature, leaks, and non-functioning dispensers
- Help you prioritize tasks in the case of staffing shortages created by increased sick leave.