Who We Are
In business for more than 48 years, Servicon is the leading custodial solutions provider servicing the healthcare, aerospace, commercial, municipal, manufacturing, and entertainment industries nationally.
Our customer base includes Fortune 100 and 500 companies as well as many of the largest hospitals, aeronautical facilities, and municipalities throughout the United States.
Our goal is to create cleaner, healthier environments for our clients while working toward our vision to elevate the industry through integrity, leadership, and innovation. Our ultimate objective is to provide exemplary service while changing the face of the cleaning industry. We welcome candidates who share our values.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Continuous movement and clearing of all used packaging materials, trash debris and other discarded items out of the Operational Areas and into disposal and recycling stations located throughout the site.
- Movement and disassembly of shipping pallets, boxes, protective fill materials, shrink wrapping and other packaging materials to keep the working areas clear of trip hazards that hinder operations.
- Breaking down of larger boxes, crating, and other materials to fit into the designated recycling containers. Stacking and movement of used pallets and drums keeping the working areas clear of debris.
- Moving of all used materials out to predesignated stations for further recycling. Keeping those same stations neat and orderly.
- Coordination with facility staff to change-out standard 2-yard trash dumpsters and transport them to a final termination point within the facility. This will require separate turnover handling of the dumpster into a larger collection bin. Coordination and assistance to haul-off truck drivers to gain access into the disposal/ recycling stations.
- Monitoring and management of the trash collection centers to avoid over-filling and spillage into the surrounding areas. Requires constant communication with teammates and client partners.
- Operation of other material handling equipment, including Forklifts, Powered Tugs/ Tractors, Pallet Jacks (manual and motorized), Big Joe Lifts, Banding Equipment (for pallets), Hydraulic Cardboard Bailing equipment, Load Levelers (docks), push carts (a variety) and related safety equipment and barricading.
- Use of manual tools to include crow bars, cutting plyers, electric saws, and other breaking tools, as required, to dimmish the size and shape of the packaging materials.
- Assistance with site recycling operations as requested by the internal clients.
- Operating company trucks, forklifts, tugs, and other motorized vehicles in performance of the work assigned, pick-up / deliveries, perform assigned job duties and commute to other Servicon job sites. All company and client driving regulation and policies must be followed and associate must be on the “Authorized Company Drivers” list.
- Responsible for strict compliance of Servicon and client’s policy and procedures and work performance are based on integrity, professionalism, respect, responsiveness, and urgency.
- Fully understands and practices all client and Servicon Safety programs, promotes safety as a culture to team members and wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work.
- Proficient in performing various utility tasks in accordance with Servicon’ s policies, procedures, and processes.
- Responsible for performing assigned work to Servicon’ s quality standards and in accordance with clients Statement of Work.
- May be requested to assist in on-boarding new associates on subjects including safety, company policies & procedures, proper cleaning procedures / processes and maintenance of equipment.
- Inspects assigned work area during/after work has been completed verifying that all work has been done in compliance with site specific procedures and customers scope of work, schedules, daily, weekly, and monthly special requests.
- Ensures that supplies are neatly stored in their work area, equipment / tools are maintained in good working order, equipment repairs are reported in a timely manner and equipment is cleaned thoroughly at the end of each shift.
- Other jobs and duties as personally identified or assigned to meet the highest standards of quality, service, and cost effectiveness.
What It Takes to be Successful
- Working environment will vary considerably depending upon the client’s business that can range from cold to hot weather, as the work activity is mainly outdoors in a desert environment.
- Long periods of walking, standing, kneeling, reaching, pushing, lifting and other physical demands are required to perform work.
- Requires a high school diploma, and/ or a technical certification in industrial equipment operation (preferred).
- At least 2 years of experience working in trash yard environments
- Operates power and manual tools, maintenance equipment and machinery in the performance of the assigned duties.
- Good communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
- Strong customer service skills. Self-motivated, proactive and a team player
- High level of attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Deadline oriented. Ability to stay organized.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen for employment.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License and will submit to themselves to DMV record monitoring for driver risk evaluations.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Person.
- Ability to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
Safety – the candidate must have awareness of, training in, and will adhere to the following matters of industrial safety and regulatory compliance: PPE use; Asbestos awareness (level 1 only); Fall Protection (ladder usage); Fire Extinguisher Operation; Forklift Operation; Confined Space Awareness; Lock Out/ Tag-out; SDSs – 3E (formally MSDS sheets); Hazard Communication/ Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure (SPCC) Plan; OSHA related compliance and the Contractor Safety Manual (clients’ procedures).
Covid-19 vaccination requirements may vary by client site.
Why you will love it here
- Hybrid work environment, where applicable
- A friendly, respectful, energetic corporate culture that will allow you to thrive
- Work in an environment where you can see the difference you make daily!
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Competitive base salary
- Safe harbor 401(k) with company matching (if applicable)