Who We Are
For 50 years, Servicon has been the leading custodial solutions provider servicing the healthcare, aerospace, commercial, municipal, manufacturing, and entertainment industries nationally.
Our purpose is to elevate our industry and provide healthy environments in which people can thrive – this applies to the work we do for our clients and the environment we cultivate internally. We rally, we adapt, and we are not beholden to shareholders but rather to our employees. This places us in a unique position that fosters good will with both our clients and our employees. We are respectful and honest; we look after each other, and we love to love our work.
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing world class client service, daily management and leadership at the assigned client site. Responsibilities include employee engagement, recruitment, interviewing, hiring, onboarding, training and development including technical and safety, coaching, corrective action, scheduling staff, payroll management, annual performance appraisals, on-site client relations, completion of work orders, quality assurance, and financial cost control. The Operations Manager will also maintain and manage operational reporting, performance and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and other management duties as directed.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Interacts frequently with clients and staff in a professional and responsive way, consistent with Servicon’s company policies, values, mission, and objectives.
- Ensures safety protocols are fully implemented and followed within the facilities. Inspects and evaluates all areas serviced by assigned staff for safety and janitorial excellence.
- Conducts monthly safety meetings, on the spot corrections, counseling, and retraining on unsafe practices.
- Supervises, manages and trains janitorial staff consistent with client and company expectations.
- Performs quality assurance inspections to ensure all work has been completed in compliance with specific procedures and scope of work.
- Executes janitorial policies, procedures, and changes to ensure sustainable and cost-effective use of staff’s time, supplies, equipment, and processes.
- Helps complete deliverables in client’s agreement and Statement of Work to highest possible standards.
- Supports the Director of Operations and executes the full range of required management responsibilities.
- Produces monthly calendar of quality assurance evaluations, gathers statistics and produces account-related reports.
- Understands that challenges are opportunities and can provide effective solutions to the Area Manager in resolving janitorial and scheduling issues, as well as provide recommendations for improved efficiencies.
What It Takes to be Successful
- Minimum of four (4) years’ relevant managerial experience in Facility Services or a related field.
- Strong commitment to high-level service and quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, develop and lead a team
- Willingness to work a variable work schedule—to include, day shifts, evening, and night shifts
- Efficient computer knowledge, proficiency in utilizing all Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Must be Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- A criminal background check, results of which are not necessarily a bar to employment and drug screen are required.
- Must possess AND maintain a valid driver’s license, and a driving record that aligns with company standards.