Who We Are
We are women-owned and operated, with nearly 50 years of expertise as a leading environmental solutions provider, focused on infection prevention for complex facilities. As a local, privately held company, we are agile and can maneuver quickly to support the needs of our people and clients.
Our goal is to become a trusted partner, not outsourced vendor.
One of our greatest strengths is our Culture of Caring. From our CEO to the front-line staff, Servicon embodies our vision of creating healthy environments for people to thrive. This results in greater client satisfaction and healthier outcomes. Meticulous adherence to infection prevention standards interwoven with compassionate service delivery is the key to success.
Servicon focuses on three essential elements for establishing a Culture of Caring and Excellence: People, Programs, and Performance. These components represent our strong value alignment, positively impacting patient care, infection prevention, and throughput.
Join Our Team as Assistant Area Manager (Southern California)
Are you passionate about delivering exceptional client experiences? We’re seeking a dedicated Assistant Area Manager to support our efforts in managing multiple Aerospace client sites across Southern California. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate closely with the Area Manager to ensure Servicon’s commitment to excellence shines through every interaction.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your career and join a company that values your skills and dedication, we want to hear from you! Apply now to become part of the Servicon team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Establishes the standard for work at multiple sites; develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Ensures contracted service is delivered to client and completed to client’s specification and is the point of escalation for client questions and concerns. Leads contract renegotiations and actively seeks new service opportunities.
- Mentors, trains, and coaches team members; leads and participates in team project initiatives.
- Produces metrics and reports to track teams’ performance.
- Makes certain site is properly staffed with the appropriate number, type, and skill of service team members and managers.
- Recruits for site including opening the requisition, selecting appropriate candidates, conducting interviews, and giving feedback and candidate selection input.
- Develops and guides employees and is the point of escalation for employee relations issues, including corrective action; escalates and/or consults with human resources when appropriate.
- Confirms payroll processes are completed for portfolio including ensuring managers have completed payroll related tasks and reviewing and approving timesheets as necessary; able to run timekeeping reports and derive and develop meaningful workforce metrics from the data.
- Communicates and articulates safety and job-related training to a variety of service team members and managers.
- Develops metrics for portfolio supply inventory for budgeting and client contract negotiations to include but not limited to cost savings.
- Builds cross-functional department relationships centered on executing company strategy.
- Stays abreast of industry standards related to cleaning techniques, supplies, and tools, identifying opportunities to leverage these resources with specific client sites or tasks.
What It Takes to be Successful
- 5+ years of management level experience in a service-related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Maintain a consistent level of quality
- Familiar with technology and timekeeping systems, proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to run relevant data and derive relevant inferences
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Experience working with unions and union team members (preferred)
- Security clearance (preferred)
- Knowledge of commercial, healthcare or aerospace industry standards (preferred)
Covid-19 vaccination requirements may vary by client site.
Why you will love it here
- The satisfaction of driving real change in the industry and people’s lives
- A diverse community of people who are driven by a shared purpose
- A business that acts with integrity in all interactions with co-workers, leaders, and customers
- We value others and build success by appreciating differences in thought, opinion, background, skills, and perspectives
- An environment of continuous learning and development
- Flat organizational structures which elevate employees’ level of responsibility
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive and annual performance-based bonuses
- Safe harbor 401(k) with company matching.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, holidays, bereavement, jury duty.
- Exceptional health benefits with low costs (medical/dental/vision).
- Life, accident, and disability insurance.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employee discounts to theme parks, theatres, sporting events, movies and more