Who We Are
For over 50 years, Servicon has been the leading custodial solutions provider servicing the healthcare, aerospace, commercial, municipal, manufacturing, and entertainment industries nationally.
Our purpose is to elevate our industry and provide healthy environments in which people can thrive – this applies to the work we do for our clients and the environment we cultivate internally. We rally, we adapt, and we are not beholden to shareholders but rather to our employees. This places us in a unique position that fosters good will with both our clients and our employees. We are respectful and honest; we look after each other, and we love to love our work.
The Senior Area Manager is responsible for a large, complex, and significant group of accounts, and has overall responsibility for achievement of all goals and KPIs for the entire portfolio. This position is responsible for the achievement of high level, strategic and fiscal results for its group of locations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
If you are looking for a new opportunity to showcase your leadership skills, industry knowledge, and make a positive impact… then we want to hear from you. Our Senior Area Managers, provide oversight, guidance, and leadership to the company and portfolio leaders, while developing strategies to achieve performance goals as a team. Other areas of focus…
- Serves as the point of escalation for client questions and concerns; leads contract renegotiations and actively seeks new service opportunities.
- Develops and produces meaningful metrics for site including data that can be used for contract negotiations.
- Tracks account revenue margins and conducts budget reviews to maximize profits.
- Ensures area is properly staffed with the appropriate number, type, and skill of service team members and site leaders.
- Enables collaboration within the portfolio, providing integration of strategy and operations.
- Facilitates strategies to address any issues or concerns at any of the locations or clients within the portfolio.
- Seeks out positive behaviors and results and provides a culture that focuses on celebrating successes.
- Directs, coaches, and develops staff across multiple sites and locations.
- Leads standardization of systems, establishing consistency and excellence.
- Collaborates in system-wide strategy development to drive priorities and initiatives.
- Accountable for the selection, evaluation, and overall success of the functional leadership teams.
- Responsible for measuring and reporting KPIs, metrics, and predictive analytics.
- Suggests and develops changes and/or new policies and procedures, while demonstrating Servicon’s values, code of conduct, to ensure performance in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
- Stays current with industry standards, tools, and technologies.
- Identifies, defines, and solves complex problems at all levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Covid-19 vaccination requirements may vary by client site.
What It Takes to be Successful
- 3+ years as a senior leader, 7+ years of experience in a service-related field, 4+ years overseeing multiple locations.
- Abilility to travel 25-35% to supervise accounts within the portfolio.
- Minimum of an associates or bachelor’s degree required in most cases. Exceptions can be discussed in some cases.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically lead multiple sites by working through high level leaders.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels, from cleaners/housekeepers to executive leaders.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and leading to complex problem resolution.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to listen with understanding and empathy.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Exhibits initiative, takes responsibility, and comfortable with high level leadership.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and other software as required.
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred.
- Experience working with unions and union team members.
Why you will love it here
- The satisfaction of driving real change in the industry and people’s lives
- A diverse community of people who are driven by a shared purpose
- A business that acts with integrity in all interactions with co-workers, leaders, and customers
- We value others and build success by appreciating differences in thought, opinion, background, skills, and perspectives
- An environment of continuous learning and development
- Flat organizational structures which elevate employees’ level of responsibility
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive and annual performance-based bonuses
- Safe harbor 401(k) with company matching.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, holidays, bereavement, jury duty.
- Exceptional health benefits with low costs (medical/dental/vision).
- Life, accident, and disability insurance.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employee discounts to theme parks, theatres, sporting events, movies and more