Who We Are
For over 50 years, Servicon has been the leading custodial solutions provider servicing the healthcare, aerospace, commercial, municipal, manufacturing, life science, and entertainment industries nationally.
Our purpose is to elevate our industry and provide healthy environments in which people can thrive – this applies to the work we do for our clients and the environment we cultivate internally. We rally, we adapt, and we are not beholden to shareholders but rather to our employees. This places us in a unique position that fosters goodwill with both our clients and our employees. We are respectful and honest; we look after each other, and we love to love our work.
The Safety Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with federal, state and company guidelines as well as developing and maintaining good lines of communication with front line employees and implement protocols to prevent accidents in the workplace. Provide support to the operations leadership team with administrative tasks such as reporting, corporate requests and employee support.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety across the job site.
- Conduct training and presentations for health/safety matters and accident prevention.
- Manage compliance to safety policies and trainings by conducting inspections and submitting training request.
- Facilitate safety trainings and webinars, on a regular basis.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover root cause and initiate workers’ compensation claims paperwork.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Provide site leadership with support with email, mobile, virtual and direct communication.
- Complete administrative tasks for site operations and safety leadership, as directed.
- Administer Safety Took Kit Training.
- Protect confidential information and maintain professionalism at all times.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Research and run ad hoc reports and assist with data analysis.
- Conduct safety observations and provide reporting on a regular basis with recommendations for any improvements needed.
- Conduct safety inspections on equipment and facilities on a regular basis and provide reporting with recommendations for any improvements needed.
- Provide prompt accident/incident reporting to management, and investigate and analyse accidents/incident to provide management with an evaluation of the effectiveness of our safety and risk management programs.
- Educate employees on company safety standards and proper operation of equipment.
- Coordinates orientation with recruiting for the onboarding of new employees.
- Stays up to date on company policies, DOT, OSHA, or government regulations by attending training sessions, seminars, webinars, or studying published materials on compliance.
- Manages related administrative matters, including ensuring the appropriate recording of all information into the safety systems, sets goals to align with the targets and performance objectives established by the division’s management.
- Maintains company confidentiality.
- Add, update and maintain client and vendor account information
- Enter orders, confirm order details and correct inaccuracies in description, pricing and/or quantity
- Invoice customers via email and provide instruction for and assistance with payments and process payments via AcceptPay
- Receive and enter invoices for payment and track vendor statements
What It Takes to be Successful
- 1-2 years’ experience in a janitorial environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Must be US Citizen
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Critical thinker
- Collaborative, team player
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Self-starter, motivated and reliable
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information from both the client and Servicon
- Basic knowledge of computers and with MS Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous knowledge of or ability to learn company programs and systems a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience