Who We Are
For almost 50 years, Servicon has been the leading custodial solutions provider servicing the healthcare, aerospace, commercial, municipal, manufacturing, life science, and entertainment industries nationally.
Our purpose is to elevate our industry and provide healthy environments in which people can thrive – this applies to the work we do for our clients and the environment we cultivate internally. We rally, we adapt, and we are not beholden to shareholders but rather to our employees. This places us in a unique position that fosters goodwill with both our clients and our employees. We are respectful and honest; we look after each other, and we love to love our work.
The Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Lead will provide supervision of the Janitorial staff to deliver the best-in-class service to client.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
This non-exempt GMP Lead will oversee the activities of the custodial staff in clean rooms, providing daily management and leadership from 4:00PM to 12:30AM. Responsibilities include client relations, recruitment, scheduling staff, payroll management, technical / safety training programs, completion of daily work schedules / work orders, quality program / inspections, assisting in inventory management, and annual performance appraisals. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide onsite supervision of staff, monitoring cleanroom operations, supplies and equipment. Ensures daily work hours remain within budgetary guidelines.
- Communicate daily assignments to staff. Plans and maintains schedules, directs the work of employees, and provides training regularly.
- Trains, monitors, and coaches’ teams on effective use of safety equipment, chemicals, and safe work practices. Follows and ensures adherences to all safety and health procedures when using chemicals and equipment, which includes proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Communicates staffing changes, issues, concerns, or discrepancies as requested by the client to the Assistant Portfolio Manager (APM.) Responsible for the inspection and execution of compliance with prescribed cleanroom standard operating procedures (SOPs) and good documentation practices (GDP).
- Develops and guides employees; resolves routine employee relations issues, including corrective action; escalates and/or consults with manager and human resources to ensure the best possible outcome.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection process to ensure the team is properly staffed with appropriate skill sets.
- Onboards and trains newly hired employees to ensure proper understanding of policies, work procedures, and use/maintenance of equipment, chemical requirements, and safe work behaviors.
- Leads staff meetings, safety training while effectively communicating information to the team.
- Assists in maintaining the environment in an “inspection-ready” state.
- Maintains excellent relations with clients and all Servicon team members.
- Supervises major projects, assuring that the employees perform their duties and have supplies available to perform such tasks.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Covid-19 vaccination requirements may vary by client site.
What It Takes to be Successful
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical, life science or biotech or similar industry, with a minimum of 1+ years in a supervisory or lead capacity.
- High school or GED equivalence required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with peers, clients, and employees.
- Ability to execute on and achieve established goals and objectives with employees.
- Train, coach, and discipline where needed; evaluate and mentor employees.
- Familiar with technology and timekeeping systems, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), GMP and GDP requirements is preferred.
- Demonstration of excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Perform duties that require constant visual attention to manufacturing process.
- Manual dexterity is required to manipulate controls, disassemble/assemble equipment/boxes using a variety of hand tools, which includes ability to reach/lift overhead and lift up to 50 lbs.
- This list is not intended to be all inclusive.
Why you will love it here
- The satisfaction of driving real change in the industry and people’s lives
- A diverse community of people who are driven by a shared purpose
- A business that acts with integrity in all interactions with co-workers, leaders, and customers
- We value others and build success by appreciating differences in thought, opinion, background, skills, and perspectives
- An environment of continuous learning and development
- Flat organizational structures which elevate employees’ level of responsibility
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive and annual performance-based bonuses
- Safe harbor 401(k) with company matching.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, holidays, bereavement, jury duty.
- Exceptional health benefits with low costs (medical/dental/vision).
- Life, accident, and disability insurance.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employee discounts to theme parks, theatres, sporting events, movies and more