Who We Are
We are women-owned and operated, with nearly 50 years of expertise as a leading environmental solutions provider, focused on infection prevention for complex facilities. As a local, privately held company, we are agile and can maneuver quickly to support the needs of our people and clients.
Our goal is to become a trusted partner, not outsourced vendor.
One of our greatest strengths is our Culture of Caring. From our CEO to the front-line staff, Servicon embodies our vision of creating healthy environments for people to thrive. This results in greater client satisfaction and healthier outcomes. Meticulous adherence to infection prevention standards interwoven with compassionate service delivery is the key to success.
Servicon focuses on three essential elements for establishing a Culture of Caring and Excellence: People, Programs, and Performance. These components represent our strong value alignment, positively impacting patient care, infection prevention, and throughput.
Directly responsible for performing floor care cleaning services, window cleaning, and general janitorial duties according to client and company standards and values; providing quality workmanship in a timely and effective manner, ensuring punctuality, safe practice, and compliance to company procedural floor care processes; maintaining floor care equipment; and completing work assignments in detail to ensure customer satisfaction.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Understand and practice all client and Servicon Safety programs, promoting safety as a culture to team members and wearing all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work.
- Proficient in performing various types of floor care work including but not limited to: stripping/refinishing hard surface floors, carpet care/extraction, and operating highly-specialized floor care equipment.
- Perform work assignments as directed and in compliance with Servicon’s floor care procedures/processes.
- Inspect assigned area while performing duties and after work has been completed to verify that all work has been done in compliance with site-specific procedures and client’s Scope of Work (SOW).
- Ensure all supplies are stocked and available, equipment is clean and in good operating order, and/or report malfunctioning equipment in a timely manner.
- Track inventory/equipment, provide feedback to the direct manager, and monitor utilization to ensure efficient and cost-effective use.
What It Takes to be Successful
- 2 years of floor technician experience is preferred
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
- Extensive floor care product knowledge
- Working knowledge of multiple hard floor surfaces (marble, granite, VCT, etc.)
- Working knowledge of carpet cleaning procedures (shampooing, extracting, bonneting)
- Ability to perform window cleaning and power washing duties
- Proficient verbal / written communication skills (Spanish a plus)
- Planning / scheduling, problem solving
- Time management skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, delegate and follow-up
Covid-19 vaccination requirements may vary by client site.