Who We Are
For almost 50 years, Servicon has been the leading custodial solutions provider servicing the healthcare, aerospace, commercial, municipal, manufacturing, and entertainment industries nationally.
Our purpose is to elevate our industry and provide healthy environments in which people can thrive – this applies to the work we do for our clients and the environment we cultivate internally. We rally, we adapt, and we are not beholden to shareholders but rather to our employees. This places us in a unique position that fosters good will with both our clients and our employees. We are respectful and honest; we look after each other, and we love to love our work.
The Assistant Area Manager supports the Area Manager with managing multiple client sites in Southern California, to ensure Servicon is delivering the best client experience. This role will compliment/support the Portfolio Managers schedule/shift.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Establishes the standard for work at multiple sites; develops and implements policies and procedures.
- Ensures contracted service is delivered to client and completed to client’s specification and is the point of escalation for client questions and concerns. Leads contract renegotiations and actively seeks new service opportunities.
- Mentors, trains, and coaches team members; leads and participates in team project initiatives.
- Produces metrics and reports to track teams’ performance.
- Makes certain site is properly staffed with the appropriate number, type, and skill of service team members and managers.
- Recruits for site including opening the requisition, selecting appropriate candidates, conducting interviews, and giving feedback and candidate selection input.
- Develops and guides employees and is the point of escalation for employee relations issues, including corrective action; escalates and/or consults with human resources when appropriate.
- Confirms payroll processes are completed for portfolio including ensuring managers have completed payroll related tasks and reviewing and approving timesheets as necessary; able to run timekeeping reports and derive and develop meaningful workforce metrics from the data.
- Communicates and articulates safety and job-related training to a variety of service team members and managers.
- Develops metrics for portfolio supply inventory for budgeting and client contract negotiations to include but not limited to cost savings.
- Builds cross-functional department relationships centered on executing company strategy
- Stays abreast of industry standards related to cleaning techniques, supplies, and tools, identifying opportunities to leverage these resources with specific client sites or tasks.
What It Takes to be Successful
- 5+ years of management level experience in a service-related field
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Maintain a consistent level of quality
- Familiar with technology and timekeeping systems, proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated analytical skills, ability to run relevant data and derive relevant inferences
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Experience working with unions and union team members (preferred)
- Security clearance (preferred)
- Knowledge of commercial, healthcare or aerospace industry standards (preferred)
- Ability to stand on feet for four to six hours at a time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Covid-19 vaccination requirements may vary by client site.
Why you will love it here
- The satisfaction of driving real change in the industry and people’s lives
- A diverse community of people who are driven by a shared purpose
- A business that acts with integrity in all interactions with co-workers, leaders, and customers
- We value others and build success by appreciating differences in thought, opinion, background, skills, and perspectives
- An environment of continuous learning and development
- Flat organizational structures which elevate employees’ level of responsibility
- Competitive base salary
- Incentive and annual performance-based bonuses
- Safe harbor 401(k) with company matching.
- Paid time off including vacation, sick, holidays, bereavement, jury duty.
- Exceptional health benefits with low costs (medical/dental/vision).
- Life, accident, and disability insurance.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employee discounts to theme parks, theatres, sporting events, movies and more